WHAT IS A SPECIALTY MEDICATION?
Specialty medications are often used to treat certain serious, complex, and chronic health conditions. They are limited to a 30-day supply and may:
- Need specialty handling and temperature-controlled storage
- Require assistance with administering, such as infusions or injections
- Need instructions from your primary care provider (PCP) or other health care providers
- Need specialized clinical counseling that standard retail pharmacies are unable to provide
FIND OUT IF YOUR SPECIALTY MEDICATION IS COVERED
This list of specialty medications lets you know which medications are included in your coverage and where to get them filled.
Certain medications are covered only under your pharmacy benefit. To see if your medication is covered, use our Medication Lookup tool.
ABOUT IN-NETWORK SPECIALTY PHARMACIES
Unlike traditional retail pharmacies, specialty pharmacies are experts in supplying specialty medications. They offer valuable services, resources, and convenient access to the care you need, including:
- Providing all necessary supplies, at no additional cost, for using specialty medications
- Delivering medications to your home or location of your choice
- Providing access to nurses and pharmacists who specialize in treating your condition and are available 24/7
- Educating you on usage, side effects, administering injections, and more
FIND A SPECIALTY PHARMACY
To get started, have your prescribing provider’s contact information and your member card available. Find which pharmacy can fill your medication on the specialty medication list, then call that in-network specialty pharmacy to fill your order. Your prescribing provider can also send your prescription directly to the specialty pharmacy you choose.
Specialty pharmacy network
Fertility medication network
These pharmacies specialize in filling prescriptions for fertility medications.