Say hello to Team Blue
Your health plan comes with a pretty special feature: a coordinated team, ready to spring into action whether you need help figuring out your coverage or getting the care you need.
With Team Blue, you get more help than you ever expected when it comes to understanding, coordinating, and accessing your health care. Need answers, access or advice? Just ask.
You’re never alone with this team on your side.
With Team Blue, you’ll have personalized Care Managers to guide you to resources and support. Each one is a highly trained health care expert with a deep understanding of how best to coordinate the care you need.
Team Blue includes registered nurses, behavioral health specialists, wellness coaches, member service reps, and more — so there’s always a specialist on hand to help you access what you need and help you find your way.
We also reach out to members with specific health needs to guide them toward programs and services that can improve overall health. Learn more about how we’re supporting members through these targeted initiatives.
When was the last time an insurance company called you and said, "We’ve got your back? I thought it was unbelievable that she had so much compassion.
She was determined not to let the day end without easing my mind."
Blue Cross member
Got health plan questions? Your team has answers.
Call your Team Blue Service Rep whenever you need clarity about your claims, coverage or plan benefits. They’ll help you make sense of all your options. They’re here to:
- Explain the plan information you need to make decisions
- Create and send listings of local providers within your plan’s network
- Create and navigate your online MyBlue account
- Shop for your care using our cost estimate tools
- Answer questions about a bill you just received
- Connect you to a clinical case manager that can help provide clinical guidance and support
“I know I will never be able to express the amount of gratitude I feel for the care ... I know I can live a life to the fullest. Thank you to the the Diabetic Education Services of Blue Cross Blue Shield!”
Newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes
Coping with a new diagnosis, surgery, or ongoing care? Get your team on it.
No one needs to go it alone. Your Team Blue Care Manager will help you establish goals, provide answers about medications, and help you follow suggested protocols. They’ll even reach out to your provider to clarify anything that seems confusing — and follow up to ensure you can access your rightful benefits and care. We’re here if you need to:
- Manage a chronic condition
- Access behavioral inpatient and outpatient care
- Coordinate the transition from hospital to home after surgery
- Find in-network specialists who can treat your condition
- Develop a care plan after a new diagnosis such as diabetes or cancer
- Make sense of a complicated diagnosis or undefined medical problem
- Coordinate pediatric and adolescent medical management
- Understand your options when experiencing advanced illness