Power of Partnerships
Offering support for the whole person
Our commitment to health care goes far beyond medical coverage. We also offer options that address employee health in a holistic way, ranging from eye and dental care to new health apps.
Our Dental Blue Total Health Solution benefit is designed for at-risk members with coronary artery disease, diabetes, oral cancer or pregnancy, and offers participants full coverage for preventive and periodontal services that contribute to improved overall health.
Blue 20/20, our enhanced diabetes eye-care benefit, gives members with type 1 or type 2 diabetes increased access to in-depth eye care and exams to help minimize the vision-related complications of diabetes.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® creates a simplified international health care experience for our members when they travel. We capitalize on the network strength and name recognition of Blue Cross Blue Shield inside the U.S. and Bupa Global outside the U.S. to provide access to one of the largest care networks in the world with high-tech, high-touch member service.
Through our subsidiary Indigo, we offer disability coverage in combination with our medical plans, so that our nurse case managers can work directly with employees to help them return to work and avoid unnecessary visits to the doctor.
Over the past few years, our company has carefully examined – and in some cases helped develop – innovative digital services designed to help users optimize their physical, emotional and financial health and well-being. Members whose employers choose our Emerging Solutions portfolio have a wide range of digital resources available to them, including:
- Robin Care, which helps patients and their caregivers navigate cancer care with support and information on managing symptoms and improving care coordination.
- Hinge Health, which helps adults manage their chronic back and knee pain through a 12-week, coach-led, digital experience.
- Learn to Live, which provides online, self-directed, coach-supported programs focused on helping people overcome mild to moderate anxiety, depression and insomnia.
- Livongo, which supports people with chronic conditions such as diabetes using the latest data science and smart devices for monitoring and personalized guidance.
- Omada, which provides digital tools and personal coaching to help at-risk individuals prevent or delay type 2 diabetes by working to improve their lifestyle, behavior and overall health.
- Ovia Health, which uses mobile technology and proactive coaching to help guide members throughout their fertility, pregnancy and parenthood journeys.
Collaborating to benefit customers
We are engaging in deeper partnerships with hospitals, clinicians and innovators that share our commitment to transforming care
Meeting our members' needs
From our call centers to our nurse case managers, our employees provide personalized, empathetic care
Delivering an unparalleled experience
New tools, such as PillPack, help our members navigate a complex system
Reimagining health care from diverse perspectives
An innovation workspace brings together people with diverse perspectives to challenge the status quo
Expanding the scope of value-based payment
Our model slows the rate of medical spending while improving patient care, a landmark study found