We are mighty, Massachusetts
We salute everyone in our great state helping to fight COVID-19. Your strength, compassion and resolve in the face of this crisis inspires us every day. And we’re committed to doing our part, as well. That means not only expanding access to care for our members, but also giving back to those who need it most.
Rallying around our communities
We’ve committed $9.75M in financial, pro-bono and in-kind
support to our nonprofit partners across the state.
Turning compassion into action
- We've launched an online giving platform, so employees can donate directly to any Massachusetts non-profit struggling through COVID-19. And, we're matching every donation.
- We’re offering virtual volunteer opportunities. That includes mentoring college students with Strive and even sending warm wish notes with Cradles to Crayons.
- While our offices are closed, we’re re-deploying cafeteria staff to prepare over 5,000 pre-made meals a week for organizations serving those in need.
- We’re partnering with the Boston Hope field hospital to deploy 15 Blue Cross registered nurses and behavioral health clinicians to support patients recovering from COVID-19 at the hospital.
- More than 100 Blue Cross employees are working full-time for two months as contact tracers with Partners for Health to assist the state’s efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Blue Cross employees volunteer at the Weymouth Food Pantry to get essentials to seniors in need.
Your Health is Essential to Us
Now, more than ever, we are doing everything we can to make sure our members get the care they need. That includes waiving costs for telehealth visits and COVID-19 testing and treatment. See all the ways we’re supporting members at our Coronavirus Resource Center.